Pense nisso:

Estranho é igual sabonete: quanto mais você usa, menor ele fica.


terça-feira, 30 de junho de 2009

If I study hard, I'll learn it. - Talkers

Do you have trouble using "if" to talk about possibilities in the future? Don't worry, be happy.
Remember, the idea is: something will happen if something else happens first. Difficult to understand? Let's move on to practice. Think about real life situations. You and your friends are talking about your plans for the weekend.

Your Friend: "So, what are you going to do next weekend?"
You: "If the weather is good, I'll go to the club."

The idea here is: you want to go to the club. But you need the weather to be good to go to the club.
Pay attention to the structure.
If "simple present", "simple future".
It's always possible to invert the sentence. Watch this:
"I'll go to the club if the weather is good."
But be careful. If you invert it, pay attention to where "if" is, because it's always close to the "simple present". Also, you're not going to use the comma if you invert it.

There are ways for you to make this structure more interesting. Instead of using "simple future" all the time, you could use:
- going to
"If I have enough money, I'm going to travel abroad."
- simple future with probably
"If I work hard, I'll probably get a promotion."
- might (this indicates you have no idea about what's going to happen, anything could happen.)
Your friend: "What are you going to do on your next vacation?"
You: "I have no idea. If I have enough money, I might take a French course in Canada... or I might take a cruise with my wife. If I don't have money, I might stay home... or I might spend sometime with my mother-in-law."

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário